• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 k Flooding, float valve wrong way

crxnug

CB750 Member
Reaction score
i bought a 1978 750k with rebuilt carbs ,the person i got it from mention one of the carbs might have a leak in one float bowl overflow tube,i started the bike and was hard to start but would run but couldnt idle leaking from overfow,, with bike off when you turn the petcock on fuel comes out the overflow tubes, well after check them i got some clear fuel lines and fuel was coming out every carb overflow, i took the floats out and found all the float valves were upside down, i put those right side up bike was still hard to start and fuel came out exhaust, i assume i should clean plugs and change oil before restarting. is there anything else that you would recommend

Sounds like a competent person needs to go through those carbs. I don't even know how you put the float needles in upside down. This makes all other statements and work performed by P.O. (previous owner) suspect...

Yep I agree with madmtn carb set up seems very suspect. Float levels need checking if set wrong will cause overflowing. Take a plug out and check for good spark on each plug and get carbs checked over. Good luckđź‘Ť

Back