• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1978 carbs

Rhino2131

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am building a 1978 cb 750. Next up for me is the carbs. I have 2 of the 4 float cap covers. One of them had a 1 on it and the other has a 3.4 on it. When getting the other two float covers do I need one of each that I already have? Just making sure they all face towards the center of the carb? Because I cannot find a float cover that says #2 on it. Thank you.
P.S. this is my first build, so if it is a no brainer please forgive me.

Rhino

Carb number 2 has an accelerator pump built in to it so it doesnt look like the others. The drains on the bowls should face outward. Number 1 is on the left as you sit on the bike.

yes the number 2 is different because it has an accelerator pump casting on it as well.

So, as I look on the web, I see all these look the same…? I am not talking about the whole carburetor, just the float caps. The caps are pictured below. Can I use two #1s and two 3.4s?
Thanks again,
Rhino

Attachments

• 04FA8648-9611-47AB-8234-27BD37CB0FCC.jpeg
    04FA8648-9611-47AB-8234-27BD37CB0FCC.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 135
unless you have some odd european non accel pump carbs then you need the correct bowl as you can see above.

If all else fails call up cyclexchange and see if they will sell you a bowl. Dont know if they will but I know they have a bunch of parts that they use for reconditioning.

16023-393-004 I believe this is the honda part number for the #2 bowl. Not 100% sure. May help with tracking something down.

3 and 4 are the same cap so can be used on either carb.
This is true, but try to put it in the orientation where the bowl drain screw is facing towards the outside of the bike. If you interchange them you won't have easy access to the drain screw for the bowl.

Back