• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1977 CB750A Luggage Racks

JMWaah

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which frame my bike matches and no one is labeling CB750 luggage racks as "CB750A racks".

I think the F models have a different frame than the K models, but do the K models have a different frame than the A models? Not to mention the differences between the year the bike was made. Looking at a lot of the racks for K models it looks like none of them are long enough to clear the seat so it can open.

All of the racks I'm finding have a distance of 11 inches between the frame mounts, but my bike is only about 7.5 inches across so I'm just confused. I found a bunch of schematics that make it look like the frames are all the same in the back, but that just confuses me more because then why are there so many racks with vastly different dimensions if they're all the same?

So what do I need? Something specifically for a 1977 CB750A or will something that fits on say a '76 K6 fit on my bike?

(Here's a pic of my dimensions)
B2sUVNS.png

I think I figured it out?

I think the 77A uses a frame nearly identical to the K8, which uses the same frame as the K7 (mostly). Apparently there's some contention between what luggage racks fit what models, but the safest bet seems to be to assume that if it fits a K7 it fits a K8. Since the 77A uses a similar frame to the K8, I would guess that if it fits a K7/8 it will most likely fit a 77A. If it fits a K0-K6, there's a pretty decent chance it won't fit properly.

I'm just kind of guessing based on what I read here so if someone sees this and knows I'm wrong please feel free to correct me before I spend another $100 on a rack that doesn't fit.

Here are a couple photos of my luggage rack on my 77 CB750A. The sissy bar is removed from it. The turn lights arent mounted IDeally yet.
luggage rack.JPG

rack 2.JPG

Back