• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1976 fluidity? šŸ¤”

Compadre

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Dear CB friends,
So I picked up a bobber which I was told has a ā€œ1976ā€ CB750 engine on it. And I was looking for a parts engine. What years can I exchange parts with without issue?
I have no doubt this isnā€™t an easy answer because the engine was slightly modified over the years.
And is there any good videos to watch that will educate me on these engines? I saw a few 750s that were different ā€œhondamaticā€ and ā€œsportā€. Im new so im pretty lost šŸ˜….

The 70 to 78k engines are basically the same with a couple of changes. There are slight running changes throughout the whole production run but cases, crank, rods are the same throughout the sohc run. Hondamatic has an automatic transmission so only crank, rods and couple other internal parts will swap in. The supersport is basically the same as the K motors except the head, pistons, cam and some other things. Depends on what parts you need will determine what will and wont swap.

Back