• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1976 cb750a carb question

Pickles 77

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I just bought a cb750a that was idling really rough, I took the carbs off and noticed that 2 of the carbs are slightly open when the other two are closed, any ideas on how I fix it, is it the spring in the middle is too loose? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220622_111507.jpg
    20220622_111507.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 88
These are just choke plates. they are split to left and right. in the middle the spring keeps the two halves touching. If you look on one side there should be a little tab sticking out that touches the other side....it is more than likely bent, you can tweek it back the other direction till they are close to being closed the same amount, they dont have to be perfect as it is just the choke plates.

These are just choke plates. they are split to left and right. in the middle the spring keeps the two halves touching. If you look on one side there should be a little tab sticking out that touches the other side....it is more than likely bent, you can tweek it back the other direction till they are close to being closed the same amount, they dont have to be perfect as it is just the choke plates.
Thank you, I'm learning as I go and I really appreciate the help.

Back