• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

For Sale - 1970 Honda CB750 K0

nsrrider

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I bought this bike in 2018 from the son of the original owner. He had recently got the bike running after having it garaged and not running for a few years. It had 11,000 original miles.
It ran pretty good and I rode it almost 200 miles home without incident. The brakes were sticky and it had a minor head gasket leak. (See last picture of when I got it home) The bike was cosmetically fair and almost completely original. The most significant modification was the stock exhaust had been replaced with a 4 into 1 system.
I went about beginning what I originally planned to be a "light" restoration, but it soon morphed into something more extensive. I removed the engine and had a local professional vintage-mechanic replace the head gasket and pucks. Since the motor was out already, I stripped the frame and had it powder- coated. Some of the plastic pieces (side covers and air box) were cracked or broken and were repaired. The bodywork paint was less than acceptable to me, so I decided to paint it. I'm no professional but, I have good professional paint equipment and have painted probably a couple of dozen cars in the past. It was a difficult multi-stage OEM paint but it came out generally nice but is not show quality. The biggest flaw in the paint job was I made a mistake in masking around the gas-cap. (I mistakenly believed the cap covered more than it did) Chalk that one up to amateur hour. It's not terribly noticeable and is inline with this bike being a "rider", not a museum piece. A few items on the bike were not recoverable, I replaced the rear shocks with reproductions, replaced the instrument housings with new repro's, replaced the gas cap and a few other incidentals.
Consistent with my habit of never being able leave anything totally stock, I made a few concessions to "original" and did 4 notable modifications. Nothing that can't be undone and they are modifications that are period correct. In fact, they are pretty much the same mods that I did to my 1972 K2 fifty years ago. First off, I replaced the chrome rims (which were rust pitted) with alloy rims and chrome spokes. Second, I installed a 2nd disc brake on the front, with braided steel lines. Fourth, I ventilated the rear drum brake and finally, I replaced the awful 4-cable carbs with a completely refurbished carb rack (work performed by Emma Booton of MotoTown in California) sourced from a 1972 K2. The carb change made a huge improvement in starting and general fueling. Another custom touch was a modified steel chain guard (replacing the OEM plastic) which was also sourced from a later K model.
As is obvious from the pictures, I replaced the 4 into 1 exhaust with Honda HM341's. The bike is equipped with full Dyna electronic ignition and coils. I replaced the worn out JIS screws on the bike with an allen screw kit. Installed new cables, drive chain and fuel lines. Tires are almost new with new tubes and a new air cleaner element was installed. The gas tank showed minor internal signs of a failing sealer and was subsequently cleaned and resealed. I took another couple of minor liberties by polishing the engine cases and replacing frayed oil lines with beautiful steel braided custom oil lines.
The bike now has 11,500 miles and runs as good as it looks. The 736 CC 4-cylinder engine is tight, quiet and smooth and exhibits no warning signs. Clutch and gearbox function perfectly. It starts immediately and pulls as strong as the 67 HP engine was meant to.
Basically original, with a handful of reversible mods, the bike is beautiful to look at and is completely rideable. I believe this bike could cross the country just as it was meant to 52 years ago.

I'm offering the bike for sale at $16,000 USD, reasonable offers entertained. No trades or test rides without payment in hand.
Located in Central Oregon, USA

Mark White 503 849 0982 Leave a message. Thanks
cb750a.jpg
cb750d.jpg
cb750f.jpg
cb750b.jpg
cb750c.jpg
cb750j.jpg
cb750e.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice bike

In the picture, it looks like the exhaust is stamped HM341. You mentioned in your ad that they were replaced with Japanese repops. Do you still have the HM341's

you did a great job restoring this bike and your paint work looks good in the pictures. 19K is a good price. On the BAT auction these bikes are selling in the 20’s.

Back