• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1969 CB750 Throttle Cables

hvills

CB750 Member
Reaction score
HELLO...

Looking for info from Honda CB750 sandcast experts out there.

Does anyone know how many of the early sandcast CB750 bikes were made/sold with the 5mm type throttle cables and 28 carb tops before they were recalled???

Also does anyone know why the 5mm throttle cables and carb tops were recalled???

Thanks very much...

HARRY

Strang now one answers. As I remember throttle slides tended to "stick"! partly open letting then cable nipple go out the bottom and then lift that very throttle slide the amount higher. Have had that happen to me more than once. New parts were just given to me in hand to change myself. Though had to refit original shorter softer closing springs again. Never had any problems ever after. As I could measure the new throttle slides they were some 5mm higher and maybe 2/100 less in diameter. As the problem came about when starting the engine from cold my personal thoughts were the original ones grew on heating up thus sizing. Which were the only time it happened . Have never had my tights verified from anywhere.
Erling.

Back