• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Tittle problems?

Field

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a bike (kz750ltd, not CB). I rode it back for him (he's learning).

The lady notorized a bill of sale, but only for ten dollars (paid $1600). I rode it back not knowing this, and not knowing the dude took the license plate off either. The guy claims he sent the title several times, but it came back. He didn't have it at the time of sale because he said he keeps them in a lock box at the bank.

It's been about three weeks.

If this guy doesn't come through (even if he has the title, the dude's on another time scale because he's owned the bike since 1980 and only put 8k on it) what should be done?

Depends on the state. Every state is different in regards to titling and licensing so you will need to go to your DMV or where ever you get your titles and ask some questions.

For some reason the mail wasn't being delivered for one roommate. Very weird. Still don't know why, but title was delivered to another address so it's worked out.

I know in Cali the back registration fees will bring you to your knees if your bike sits and is not registered as "non-op". Title was easy though. Just ask for another one- small fee.

Back