• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Really hot peppers

K2750tracy

K2750tracy
Reaction score
Any body out there like really hot peppers! One of my other hobbies is gardening especiacally hot peppers i grow one of the hottest peppers in the world the Bhut Jolokia or comanly known as the ghost pepper over 1 million on the scoville scale of heat to put that in r perspective the common jalipino is 5,000 on the scale. If any body would like to try these let me know i can ship some to you when my crop starts coming in !

Hell no! hahaha! I wish I could eat spicy stuff, but I just can't do it. What do you make with those peppers?

I make a hot sauce and hot wing sauce thats a lime tequila flavor and i eat them raw. also makes good salsa. I like to play with all kinds of recipies.

My dad and I make a ground hot pepper powder, depending on the peppers used you don't want to inhale while you are shaking it!!! Cant imagine what it would be like with your peppers, seems my stomach can't take as much hot stuff as it used to though...

I always find that when places try to make stuff really hot, like with wings, they focus so much on making them hot, that they forget that the food is supposed to taste good too. :shrug:

Nice thing about the ghost pepper is you get intense heat but still has flavor. My lime tequila sauce is very flavorful and still hot but the heat isnt so bad you cant enjoy the food, i can adjust the heat by simply adding more or less to most recipies and not effect flavor. I have found this pepper much more versitle than the habanaro , wich has a very pungent all most chemical flavor. Some of my other favorites are the scotch bonnet ( very hot) cayane (med hot) serrano( med hot) and the jalipino, great to stuff, pickle or make poppers. HEAT IS GOOD!

I just got a bunch of fresh ghost peppers from a coworker who's son kept his plant in a green house over winter. I put them on my pellet smoker grill at 200 deg. for 45 minutes that brings the oils out of the seeds and gives them a nice smokey flavor( also makes them even hotter) used half to make 2 qt 's of hot sauce i call it 30 evil ghosts, its really hot but with great flavor.

Yeah i thought about it and a lot of people who try it say i should market some of the stuff i make. But the work and preperation to make this stuff in bulk seems over whelming considering the size of my kitchen and the thought of trying to aquire the bulk produce and supplies.

Not to mention FDA rules, regulations, and all of that that probably goes along with a selling a food product. If it's that good, you might be better off selling the recipe and process to a food company. Or if you're really ambitious, get some investors and go all out. Now that I think about it, the FDA stuff might not be all that bad for small companies. I really have no idea. Look at how many mom and pop bakeries and small delis and things like that are out there. I wonder how much of a packaged food product you have to sell before they require to you have nutrition information on the label. I know that testing can be costly.

I know making it in bulk seems daunting, but you could start small and sell a few bottles of it locally and see how it goes. Maybe partner up with some local restaurants and get them to feature an entree with 30 evil ghosts hot sauce and they can also sell bottles of it for you. If it's a hit, take it from there. If you make millions, I want 1% :laugh: :D

It would be nice to be able to market some of the recipies ive made,several are really good and totaly unique. Ive had quit a few people who have tried my stuff tell me i should try to sell my sauces. I recently had a guy that sells the wood pellet smoker grills offer to put some on his shelf with the other sauces he has for sale. Same guy i bought my smoker grill from. I'll have to see how many peppers my plants produce this year, maybe i can get enough to make some bulk product and bottle it up. If i get rich doing this i'll make sure cb750.com gets some

Ever try and remove that factory clear coat from the aluminum with them? lol Sound hot as hell..I agree with above...make a few retail samples and see what heppens:) Put them in a whole food store/ farmers market...FDA wont raid ya for a few days anyway..scums!

Peppers at the local market

Photo0095.jpg

Thats a lot of peppers. The bhutt jolokia (ghost) comes from india. I could sure make a large batch of sauce from all of those. Thanks for the pic.

I would love to try some. I agree with you about the way restaurants try to make things hot but forget about the flavor. I love heat but do not like when there is no flavor. Good heat makes everything in the meal taste better.

Thanks,

Mike

Back