• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need coils and points condenser for 73 CB750

mfarrington

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Recently got a 73 CB750, needs coils and condenser. Partsandmore.com lists two different coils, and the only difference I can see is that one is for 'contact points ignition." Can someone give me some advice please?

Thanks!

Mike Farrington

I think the diffrence is the Ohms of the coils...I've seen 3 Ohm and 5 Ohm...The 3 Ohm are for standard points ignitions and the 5 ohms are for Electronic ignition. I upgraded to the Dyna S electronic system, it is great and never have to worry about points again

The Dyna system comes with a plate that replaces the round plate that holds the points...you remove the points plate and replace it with the dyna s electronic ignition unit, you have to replace the cam that opens and closes the points with a rotor that is included in the kit..the coils should be replaced also to ensure good spark , once the timing is set the system is virtually maintenance free as opposed to having to adjust the gap on the points pperiodically.Its fairly simple to install bu th getting the timing set can be a bit tricky...I suggest having someone help you or having someone do it for you if you have limited mechanical experience. Hope some of this helps

Back