• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Needle jet adjustment

K2750tracy

K2750tracy
Reaction score
Hi guys, im working on my k2 carbs as last year i had to run open velocity stacks because any kind of air. cleaner would cause severe flooding , bike ran great with just a fine mesh screen in stacks. I pulled the carbs and found the needle clips are set on the lowest groove, the carbs came off a built 836 engine and had 110 jets i put 90 jets in for my stock engine and as i said it ran great, but i want to put pod filters on this year for piece of mind that im not sucking in dirt( it bothered me all last year). My question is does any body know what groove i should put the clip in for the stock engine. I know i'll have to play with the jets after i change the needle position. Thanks for any help. Jamie

If they are stock needles the clip should be in the middle groove. Beings they are in the bottom groove now that is the richest position. I think the 90 will be too lean as the stock size for k2 is 110. You need to jet to 105 or 110 and put the needle at least to the middle groove, then see how it runs and adjust from there.

Thanks dirtdigger i have all the carbs clean and back together with the 110 jets i'll get the mounted on the bike tomorrow and see how it runs. Jamie

Back