• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

I love ebay!

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought set of RC golden rods on ebay!! Pictures when I get them. Dont't know what I am going to do with them but I got em! Time to think about a new engine build?!

Like I said, I won a set of RC Engineering Golden Rods on ebay. I have greatness in my hands. Goldenrods 001.jpgGoldenrods 002.jpg

$330 The funny thing is I lost the auction by $5. Couple weeks later I got an email from the seller saying that the winner hasn't paid so he would sell them to me for what I would have gotten them for. I have bid on RC rods before and they never go for less than $500 most of the time they go for more than that, so I could make money on them if I wanted too. Somehow these rods slipped through and not many people bid on them. I finally got lucky this time!

Yeah you got a great deal. :thumbsup: You could build a hell of a CB750 engine with those! I'd display them as art in the mean time! :laugh:

10 or 12 years ago when ebay wasn't as popular as it is today, I would look for thing that were poorly listed, like no part number or in the wrong category, and email the sellers to confirm what they had. I found a lot of great deals that way.

Not sure of the name but I think they came from CA. They are in good shape though, very little scuffing on the sides like most of them got after some miles on them.

Just that if they came from ted they must have been in good shape as thats really all he ever deals with.
If you didnt know they are buillet and not forged alloy.
Dont think anyone has ever broken one. I missed that set due to funds but am always trolling for "interesting" parts

He was easy to deal with thats for sure. I have bid on several different sets through the years just happened to get really lucky on this set!!

I know what you can do with them.. Send them to me! haha.. Then I'll be stuck with the "burden" of what to do with them.

Back