• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clutch Issue

virginia cafe

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am new to motorcycle repair and have a limited working knowledge of internal combustion engines. I recently purchased a 1976 CB750F and have been having an issue with it and wanted to get your opinions on the issue and suggestions on resolving it. After I start my bike, and try to drop it into gear, it jumps forward and stalls. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I have been having an issue with the battery and alternator and was wondering if the bikes electrical system could be causing this issue. The bike also stalls when I try to put it into second out of neutral, and wont even turn over when in gear.

Thanks for any/all help!

Jon

Sounds like the clutch discs are stuck together. Usually caused from sitting a while. They should break free after some usage. If not pull the clutch apart and separate them and put back together or replace all of the fiber discs. Ypu probably won't need to but that's up to you. Be sure and invest in a Clymer manual or one similar to it.

Back