• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

2012 Kamakura Festival Opening Parade

W-P Bill

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Last Sunday was the parade to kick off the 2012 Kamakura Festival. As some of you already know, I belong to a group of nutcases whom make replica samurai armor and costumes, then don the outfits and participate in various events to help promote Kamakura's bid to be selected as a UNESCO World Heritage site. On that day, I commuted to City Hall on my Harley while dressed as legendary warlord Saitoh Dohzan, then changed into the outfit for legendary warrior monk Saitoh Musashiboh Benkei to participate in the parade. (The actual "armor" is the same for both characters, just the costume underneath the armor is different.) Many thanks to my friend Rick for taking the photos. Another friend, Mr. Ohkuma, was amongst the spectators whom were standing along the parade route and took one of the photos as well.

The samurai helmet worn while on the bike is a cleverly concealed 3/4 helmet which has the Japanese equivalent of DOT certification. The shinguards are merely painted motorcycle units.

2012040811480000.jpg

DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

DSCN1272.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1291.jpg

DSCN1292.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

Back