• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

cb 750 oil overflow leaking

DSlo

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Totally new to the forum but thought this would be the best place to figure out my issue with my CB750. My 1975 CB750 started to leak oil out of the overflow tube when riding. The oil is at the right level. When the engine is running the oil really doesnt drip out but as soon as you start driving it the oil starts to come out and then as soon as you stop it starts to come out faster. I have read some posts that say to possibly attach the over flow to the back bung/ nipple of the crackcase. Any thoughts on why the oil may be coming out the over flow or if connecting back to the crackcase would be a guy idea. Attached is a picture of where the over flow is currently located, its between the frame and engine straight in front of the back tire. Thanks in advance for any help! IMAG0193.jpg

One of the tubes off of the oil tank breather is supposed to be connected to that nipple on the back of the motor. There is an oil/air seperator in the oil tank, the accumulated oil is returned to the motor through the tube into the back of the motor. There should be two hoses off of the back side of the tank...a bigger one and a smaller one. The top big one is a vent, the smaller one is lower on the back side and need to be connected to the motor.

Thanks for the reply! Will be looking to take the oil tank apart this weekend and will have find out where the smaller one is or if there is even one there right now. All I can see in regards to hoses on the back side is the big one from the pic that is leaking the oil. Hopefully by hooking up the small one or finding it, it will stop the leaking in the big hose. Don't know if by not having the small one hooked up if it was cause the larger vent to leak with oil like it is.

Thanks again for your help!

Go to work on it over the weekend! The small tube was zip tied under the seat. Hooked up everything correctly and now there is no more oil leak. Thanks again for your help! Now if I can fix the engine sounding like it is missing a beat I will be in good shape.

Back