• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New to bikes, looking for help

Bburn

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm rather new to the motorcycle scene and am looking to build a cb 750 cafe. I have been doing a lot of reading on these bikes and the sohc vs dohc, and have been seeing most lean toward the sohc. My question is if rebuilt and the more problematic parts replaced, can the dohc be a reliable and overall worth while motor. Also here are a couple pictures of what I am looking to build. Could someone tell me if this a dohc motor and possibly what year this bike may be? image.jpg

Ignore my question about if this was a dohc, I zoomed in on the picture and see its obviously dohc. Was hard to tell at first due to me using my phone. So my next question would be, could I get a say 74-78 to look very similar to this? Except for the motor obviously

You can make it look like anything you want if you have enough time and money. The parts are out there to build the sohc bikes into cafe style bikes like this.

Check out Dime City Cycles, they have some cool stuff. Too grainy to tell the year. If you stick with the factory tank it'll be easier. Do a carb swap so you can run pods, they run like crap with the factory carbs and pods, so they say, I've avoided them because everyone says it's a PITA to get the factory carbs to run well with pods.
Seats are easy to find, Dime City may have them. Spoked wheels, new bars, improved ignition, headers(check out Megs Engineering), a nice 1/4 fairing. As you can see the list can get loooong, depending on your taste. GOOD LUCK and post pix!

you can but you'll have to find a place to put the oil tank here a pic's of my cafe

Attachments

• cafe1232.jpg
    cafe1232.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 136
Back