• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front left Caliper rubbing on pad?

jacksondee

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey- I am new to this forum, did my best searching this topic but didn't find anything- or I'm an idiot and didn't do the search right. Don't jump down my throat if this question has been answered 100 times please!

Just purchased (3 weeks ago) 1981 CB750F SS. Oh I love this bike. But she's been around the block a little bit.

It sounds like the front left caliper is constantly rubbing on the brake pad. Like when you are a kid and your bicycle brakes do the same. Doesn't exactly seem to cause any riding problems, but you know something is just not right.

I would like for this to be fixed. A little asking around and a friend mentioned the pistons on the caliper probably need a clean, or possibly at worst they have rusted in the position they will constantly rub on the pad.

Anything I can do? Any tools necessary besides screwdrivers and metric sockets will require purchase, which I'm not opposed too as I bought the bike intending to learn to take care of her. But an expensive tool might need to be purchased in a few weeks as opposed to a few days...

Thanks fellas.

Back