• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Diving into the CB750 world...

bnag0

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Brent...
I come from a Honda loving family. My Father has quite a few old bikes that he has spent time restoring over the years and I have always been into the new Honda stuff... did the civic thing for a while got into integras, i now drive an S2000 and love it. As far as bikes go my dad had me riding the honda 50 when i was 11 or 12 then the yamy 125 enduro and then a newer trail bike... but last year I bought my first road bike, the 2005 CBR600RR, I fell head over heels. I am so amazed at what Honda is capable of. My girlfriend is well aware of my Honda obsession and she actually went out and bought all her gear just to ride along and i thought this was great but come to find out the 2 up thing on a sport bike is far from comfortable (duh haha) I then started looking into cruiser type bikes the past few weeks even thinking i was going to trade my bike in for something more comfortable and better for long rides alone and with the misses. I came across some pictures of "bobber" type setups and just fell in love with the look and the work that goes into a lot of the bikes. I already knew it had to be Honda and I didn't want to break the bank (Trying to keep the CBR). I started doing research and talking with my Father about his experience. He strongly suggested i stick with a 4 cylinder and was talking about the CB550 naturally I started comparing basic specs and realized i needed something with at least half the power of the CBR.... This is a bobber but i will be fabricating a 2 up removable seat (Yes this will be a softail) So i figured i should probably get something with a little balls... I am still not sure how well the 750 will do with my Lady and I on her... I am 170 lbs and she is roughly 125....

So i guess at this point I am still researching but in my travels I have began to really love what the 750 did to the bike scene in the 70's I have a family member with a barn full of old Honda bikes I think i will go check them out tomorrow and see if he is willing to sell me something...

Any advice would be great!

Thanks for reading

The 750 does fine with two people. People have been using the 750 for cruising and touring bikes ever since they came out in 69. You can run two up on the 550 but it starts to get a little slower on the acceleration. I have a cb500 and it is still a blast to ride and is fairly lively for the size. You would be better off with the 750 if you want a bike that you can ride two up.

i have a 1976 cb550 super sport and its fine with me and lady on it but like digger siad it not the fastest i have a cbr900rr and i feel your pain its just not comfortable if i where you keep the bike as stock as you can and you'll be comfortable where ever you take your new cb

Thank you guys,
I might even step up the game to a 900f... idk going back and forth quite a bit kz1000 - cb900 - cb1000? So many options lol

Back