• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

hard to get up on center stand

Ken Coleman

CB750 Member
Reaction score
CB750 center stand 001.JPGI hear that is a common complaint that it is hard to get a CB750K up on the center stand. I'm on the short/light side and I certainly have that problem. Solution is to park the bike on a 2x10 and then the rear wheel is already raised enough that I can raise it easily onto the stand.
Does anyone have any experience solving this problem? I have thought of cutting the center stand by 1.5 inches. Seems like that would do the job.

I just take a 1x4 that's about 2-3 ft long and set it on top of a 2x4 with the most of the length toward the front of the bike. Roll the bike backwards and when the back tire rolls over the section with the 2x4 under it, push the stand down and it will catch as the tire exits the short part of the board. Move the ramp out of the way and do your work.

I have never had a problem, I must just have a technique down that works for me. Bike straight up, left hand on handlbar, right hand grabbing the rear fender by the shock and turn signal and right foot on the centerstand. Step down on the centerstand while giving a slight upward tug on the back of the bike, should pivot right up. Seems if you try to pull the bike backward like you think you should makes it more difficult. Dont know...seems to work for me.

My bike is lowered, and I have the same problem. I use the board technique and I can get it on the stand now no problem.

thanks for the thoughts, guys. i don't have a problem when i use the board (see picture) but the problem i'm trying to solve is when i'm off riding somewhere without my board. i'm just not heavy/strong enough even with good technique if i don't have the board. so i think i might buy a center stand on ebay and try shortening it 1.5 inches....

The real key is to put weight on the stand with your foot. I just step on it, pull on the handle bar, and put another hand somewhere farther back and give it one good rock backwards, no problem.

I could put all my other bikes on the center stand no problem but for the 750 I just can't do it without a little help.

I just stand behind the bike, grab both frame rails and lift the back end straight up. Then kick the center stand down with my left foot. :)

Good advice though, putting the rear tire on a board.

Back