• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My 1976 CB750 has Gremlins....HELP!

Rodang

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I purchased a 1976 CB750 with 12,000 mile in January of 2012. I am the third owner of the bike and believe that it was well cared for before me. I live in NYC and stored the bike in a popular and serious bike lovers only indoor garage in the city. The resident mechanic at the shop is well known in the city as being one of the best. I contracted with him make the bike street safe and bring as close to original as possible.

Here are the modifications we made:

New tires and tubes
New bars close to original.
New clutch and brake cables.
New front fork tubes.
Rebuild front brake.
New drive chain.
New OEM seat.
Dyna S ignition

Everything was going great until last August. The bike just died on the street. It has unresponsive since then. It either won't start or will start, ride for a while and then die. The mechanic has spent countless hours on it and has not been able to fix it. I'm at my wits end and so is he.

Here's a list of the things that have been done since this problem started to try to solve it.

-Battery replaced with new Shorai
-Old alternator/regulator replaced with new electronic components. New wiring.
-Starter motor opened and checked.
-Fuel lines checked, cleaned and filter installed.
-Carbs opened, and cleaned. Floats replaced (I think)
-New plugs two times.
-Specs on Stator checked (I think)

Like I said, it has gremlins. No one can figure out why this bike won't run. I love the bike and want to ride it. Is there anyone out there that can give me any answers? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm attaching a picture of me on the bike when I first bought it. We replaced the king and queen seat with an original and lowered the bars and the forks. It looks awesome but just won't run. Help!

photo.JPG

The dyna S do have issues once in a while. If you also used there green coils...the coils have a tendency to go bad without warning. The Dyna S is the thing that sticks out at me from you list. I run the Dyna S ignition and have had one coil go bad but other than that it has worked perfect. Check coil resistances. If you go to there website they do have a trouble shooting guide for the Dyna S and the specs for the coils if I remember right.

Thanks. We actually replace the dyna S and had the old one tested. Wasn't the problem. I'm not sure about the coils, though. Someone else had mentioned that also. That is something I will look into.

Back