• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front wheel wobble.

No46

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My 1972 cb750 has a strange problem in the front. I will start by saying that I bought the bike after a minor crash, headlight bucket broken, turn signals gone, a little beat up. I ride it all the time now after a bit of work. Here is the problem. If I try to ride hands free, at almost any speed from slow to 35-40, the front end will start to wobble. Maybe not immediately, but pretty soon. I am not fighting any wobble as I ride. The front wheel has been balanced, and the fork oil changed. Wheel is slightly out of true as far as I can see, maybe 1/16" any help would be appreciated!

Make sure fork isn't twisted in triple trees. Any out of true in the wheel has the potential to cause handleing issues. Any funny wear on the tire can cause the wobbles. Are wheel bearings tight? Does the brake drag at certain points around the rotor? Steering stem bearings tight?

Thanks for your response.

This wobble seems to go away at higer speeds. Is 1/16 pr so out of true enough to cause this? The tire looks fine, but maybe closer inspection. How would I tell if the forks were not straight? No brake drag. Bearings don't seem loose. Steering bearing seems right.
Thanks again!

Back