• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750K no spark

travis98146

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I've been given a 1981 750K. It was the usual "it was running a few years ago" give-away. It has a new battery now and new spark plugs. The neutral sw lite is on, the clutch sw is functioning and the engine cranks. Both coils have 2.5 ohms resistance and are getting power from the kill sw. I have 3 extra igniters and they all ohm-check the same as the originals. Still no spark. Any ideas? I ohmed the pulse generator at 525 ohms on both pickups. I have compression and fuel.

Check the plug wires, coils could be putting out spark but not getting to the plugs. Not sure what the spec is.

I've checked the wires and all 4 are good. I'm looking into finding a known good CDI spark unit. Even my Honda dealer says there is no good way to check a CDI unit for good or bad. "Just replace it with a new part". At $180 apiece it's an expensive "maybe it'll work" test.

Maybe watch ebay and pick up a used set. I know it is still a gamble as to if they will work or not but there are not many options out there.

I think someone just posted a place that has CDIs for like $75 each. They weren't OEM, but if they work, the price is good for new units.

Back