• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1976 K6 Starter Switch

Friartuck

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Looking for help regarding the push button starter switch on my K6. The problem was the spring was not pushing the button back out and when I opened the throttle housing, peices just fell out and its not obvious how they go back together. I maybe missing some peices as a bunch of debris fell out as well. The replacement push button and spring doesn't seem to fit (shown on left side of the second photo). Can anyone provide a photo or a sketch of how this goes back together? Are whole switch assembly replacements available? I'd rather try to keep this origianal before I reengineer a generic replacement switch into the throttle enclosure. If I found an original, what is to say that the peices will not disintegrate like this one did? Has anyone else had a problem like this? I'm reluctant to open the horn switch side to compare in fear the same thing will happen.

Attachments

• IMG_9727.JPG
    IMG_9727.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9725.JPG
    IMG_9725.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 123
My starter button desintegrated the other day...the plastic just crumbled, I have a parts bike to rob one off of so I will be changing it out soon I guess

Hey Bud, Try Vintage CB 750.com. I think they have switches. Even if it's not the exact one it will be probably be close enough to use. It may have different color wires or something like that but you should be able to figure it out. Anyone else help Friar Tuck

Back