• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My 81 cb750K has no power in the electral system

Usefie

CB750 New member
Reaction score
elec.jpg

I'm new here and I'm not a bike mechanic but have electrical issues. Let me start at the beginning. Last summer my choke cable broke and I replaced it this year. When I did replace it my bike was idling at over 3000 rpm's. I asked a guy I know and he told me that one of my carbs may be sticking so I took the battery, battery box and unplugged a few things to be able to move the air box back to get to the choke. Anyway when I put everything back together I lost ALL electrical power to the bike. I been going through the wiring all week with no results. The battery is fully charged and the starter solenoid has power going through it where the battery hooks in but I am getting no reading where the 30 amp jumper fuse is located or anywhere alse on the bike. Not sure what else do do, the fuses are all good but my bike seems to have lo life in it. btw, I hooked everything up where it goes, I marked what came off of what... Please help........... UPDATE......... What has me puzzled is the green wire you see in the pic, i don't remember taking it off but it seems to be the only wire not connected. any clue what it might be for???

Last edited:
Not sure if you solved your problems yet, but I too replaced my choke cable this year and was able to fish it through while minimizing the amount of disconnecting I had to do. I have an '81 CB750k also. That green wire is a dead end tail, and does not need to be hocked to anything. I'm assuming you are sure the charging system is all good (regulator, stator/rotor, battery). The only thing I can think of is possibly you managed to disconnect an ignition wire when fishing the choke cable through the tree/steering area...? Also, did you check the bank of fuses in the box on the steering column? Good luck!

Back