• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

K6 Carb Slow Jet Question

Friartuck

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Question regarding a 1976 K6 Carb and the the slow jet (also called the pilot jet) the small one next to the main jet). Is there a hole (passage) in the barrel of the jet near where the threads begin and the four small holes are in the side of the barrel? I can't tell if I have a serious clog or am hitting the end of the hole with my dental pick (needle). Anyone care to predict the result if a small #70 size drill hole were made inside the jet?

Edit: the number on the side reads "40"

Attachments

• K6CARBSLOWJET.jpg
    K6CARBSLOWJET.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Yes the hole should go all the way through the jet. Soak in carb clean and used compressed air. I dont like sticking things in the jets because of the soft brass you can inadvertantly enlarge the hole which will change your jetting. I takes very little change in hole size to change jetting.

dirtdigger, Thanks for the reply. I thought it was obvious that the hole would go all the way through, but didn't want to risk ruining the jet to find out. It was just too much of a coincidence that all four were clogged that no instrument, metal pick or toothpick would push through. I also see that CB750 supply sells a complete set of jets which we'll put on the list for the next order. FYI, I tried ultrasonic cleaning the carbs and I was not overly impressed. Perhaps it was the fluid I was using.

I dont have an ultra sonic cleaner but I have heard different cleaners make a big difference in how well it works, temperature is also a big factor in how well it cleans.

Back