• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

LED Lighting conversion

I replaced the tail light along with all lights on the bike with leds, except for headlight, which I went with 7" housing with a 20/40w halogen bulb that lights up the road sooo much better than the old sealed beam that was in there. it's just the flasher when I got so low for draw that it wouldn't trip even the led flashers that I bought. Right now I have the resistors on the rear turn signals so that they are only used when turn signal is activated.

Dave I might have to try the led flasher you suggest, I did a little math when I put this all together and I had 200,000 milliamps on the 1 bulb, 250, 000 milliamps on the other and even less for the bulb in the dash and they failed to trip the flasher that I have that is rated at 2 amp minimum . It all worked (front turn signal, dash light and original non led rear turn signal) until I added the rear led turn signal and then it was to low for even the new 2 wire led flashers I bought . ( as soon as I put 1 led in the circuit the original flasher quit working)
The LED flasher eliminates the need for the inline resistors people put in to get the correct flash rate when using LED turn signals. The inline resistors use as much draw power as the incandescent bulbs did and so defeat the use of LED bulbs to lessen the draw needed for turn signals. The best way to convert to LED turn signal bulbs is to use a new LED turn signal flasher.

Hi all, I am trying to swap out stock front blinkers on my '81 750c with some slick looking motogadget bar end LEDs and the wiring is killing me. I got a diode that I haven't been successful in wiring up so I have a couple questions:

1. Since I'm only doing the front blinkers right now I figure I shouldn't go changing the stock relay for the whole bike as it will still serve the rear (does that check out?) so does that mean I need an individual load resistor on each of the new front blinkers? Any recommendations for those?
2. Do I need a separate diode that services the connection of each side to it's dash indicator light i.e. left to left, right to right?
3. Does anyone have a full wiring diagram of the front blinkers, switch, and dash indicator light that shows the scenario I'm dealing with? I've watched this video multiple times but I don't know if I'm understanding it right because it's not working (I could be doing it wrong): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QVSJZdUNY

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Back