• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1979 CB750F Engine Rebuild/Bore Kit/Bike Build

knightcrawler

1979 CB750K DOHC
Reaction score
I haven an extra 1979 CB750F(RCO4E) engine I am looking at rebuilding. I plan on making a little sand blast/powder coat set up in my garage. I'm thinking about putting a bore kit in. Any recommendations for a bore kit? Should I just leave the head and valves stock if I do something like that?

I'm looking to find out what you guys think/what you guys have done in the past. Also, what are a good alternative carburetor for those motors? I've seen the KeiHin racing sets which seem nice, however they are a bit pricey. I'm willing to pay up for good ones but if I can get a better price on a decent set I would try. I'm planning on making this bike my cafe project. Just going to take it slow and make it perfect if I can.

Let's see what you guys have done! Post some pics!

tumblr_lz5jzjS2AK1r83ceeo1_1280.jpg

I like this bike, but I would prefer a flat black powder coat on the engine and carbs.

Go check out Cycle Xchange and talk to Ken...they have carbs and motor parts for the dohc motors also. Also Dynoman Performance has a lot of motor parts for the dohc. At a minimum you need to get rid of the junk stock carbs.

I've run Mikuini BST36SS carbs on my 1100, and Ive sold some 34s to another member on the 1100F forum for his 900 and hes been happy with them.

If you can find some 34s or 32s they are a nice upgrade.

The only thing is the spacing is different, so you need to get some radiator hose and copper tubing and make some custom insulators. Without the copper they will tear. Be sure to use a long non-serrated knife for cutting. If you join the 1100F forum you can find a thread detailing the whole process.

Back