• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

78 CB750A blows fuse and brake light doesnt turn on. help?

dandylion7603

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 1978 CB750A worked great the first week and then all the sudden it died as i was pulling in my garage. I investigated and found that the main fuse had blown. i replaced it and it worked up until i pressed the break peddle, at which point it blows the fuse again and the bike shuts off. I am completely stumped as far as what to do. If you have any ideas please let me know! thanks

bulb shorted to ground by filament, brake wiring shorted to ground, does it do it with both front brake and back?

a friend told me to replace my old glass tube fuse box with a newer blade fuse box. i no longer am blowing fuses but my brake light still doesn't come on. The running light still works but the neither front nor rear brake will cause the brake light to come on.

there is a black wire and a green/yellow wire coming out of both front and rear brake switches, the black wire has constant power running to it and the green/yellow has none. That is with the brake engaged and not engaged on both front and back.

Back