• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Dyna Ignition check

Tate

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am having problems with my 1975 Honda CB750 super sport. It was running fine one day had carbs synched 3 days previous...next days went to start it, it started ran for 30 seconds, back fired and that was it. Will turn over, battery is good...all charged up. Just rrrrrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr.... no start up. Sounds like a gas delivery problem right? Well I checked that...I've checked from the tank to the carbs. Jets are clean too. Checked spark plugs getting a spark. Checked that the ignition switch on the hand grip, ignition switch(where the key goes), dyna coils and the red that goes to the dyna ignition to make sure that they all have 12 volts going to them. They do. Called the dynatech people and they did send me a installation as well as a trouble shooting guide. My problem is that they don't seem to be telling me how to test the ignition itself just how test the coils and making sure that it has juice to the ignition. Maybe I'm missing it in there.
Any suggestions out there? I'm stumped and a bit difficult to get it to a shop. I like working on my own bike too.

Sounds like it could be the timing. I'd pull the ignition plate off and check everything over. Check the advance and the pin on the advance that goes into the crank.

Back