• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 cb 750k running bad

motopsycho

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put in a rebuild kit.Carbs were clean but i cleaned them anyway just to be sure.New float needles as one wasnt closing.Floats are floating and not saturated.Plugs are black but not wet.I rode it hard but didnt shut it off right away,i let it idle for a minute. PART_1365461463735.jpgHave stock airbox and aftermarket mufflers.Idles and starts great, about 3-4000 it stumbles and loses power.

Thats about the time the vacuum slide starts to move...check make sure they are free. The air cut valves if cracked or ruptured can cause mixture issues at all engine speeds and rpms. Normally very rich at idle and lower rpms.

Im too embarrased to post this but....:doh: The air filter is really dirty.New one is on the way.Dont know why i never looked at it lol.I am getting older so i blame it on my aging brain.Its probably the culprit.New one should be here friday.I will update then.

Last edited:
Back