• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

No Fuel Out Of Carb #1 or #3 ??

JBW5

CB750 Member
Reaction score
After pulling apart and cleaning my 1978 cb750K carburetors I only am able to eject fuel out of carburetors #2 and #4. The bowls are filling up and everything however no fuel is squirting out of carburetors #1 or #3. I first thought float height so I took off the bowls and set it but the results were the same...any help would be much appreciated! HAPPY BIKING! Thanks

I soaked it all in pine-sol for a day then scrubbed it down. Removed the jets and cleaned them out using carb cleaner spray and a high e guitar string. Thn I sprayed the passages with carb cleaner. I realized I never sprayed through the nozzles so I did this yesterday but cant seem to get th ecarb cleaner to blow out #1 or #3. Is there a better way to clean thee out? thanks

well sometimes the tip of the needle jet busts off in the carb delivery orifice and your fubar. I am assuming these have the idle fuel adjuster needle on the bottom? take the needle out and blow through it there. In general there is a drilling from the air box side, one of those 2 holes near the bottom inside, which runs back to the drilling which goes into the float cavity, and has the jet threaded into it. then it goes back and meets a drilling into the intake side just in front of the throttle plate on the bottom. directly below this is the idle jet which opens or closes the amount of fuel. start by comparing the needle jets and see if any are missing the tip. And if they aren't, well probably the jet itself is plugged, as those idle passages are much larger then the jets or the output orifice.

Are you talking about the accelerator pump nozzles?? They are very small passage and you may just need to soak them longer with the carb clean.

Or use carb dip or ultrasonics. I'm not sure how well pine-sol works. I've never used it for carburetors.

Back