• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1983 Honda cb750sc

Smitty004

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I have a 1983 cb750sc Nighthawk that I am looking for some parts for. The tank and cowl were stolen (as well as the car they were in but that's a different story) and I would like to get the bike back on the road. I would also like to get some side covers for it. My question is, will parts from other years and models (650 and such) fit my bike or is there a chart that will tell me what is compatible with my bike? I had the motor completely rebuilt in 09 while I was on deployment in Iraq so I would really like to get this thing back on the road if I can. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0130.jpg

OK, i got a tank for my bike off eBay, but when I recieved the tank it still has the old gas cap on it (the locking one) The key for my bike won't open it (just had to try it) and i can;t get any of the body work done on the tank till I get the cap off. Any Ideas?

I didn't have anyone I could call for another Honda key but I finally got it. Since I have a replacement cap (the one that came off my old stolen tank) I jimmied a jigsaw blade down into the key slot and used a screqdriver to turn it. I probably ruined the old cap, but it was painted black where mine is chrome and I was going to use mine instead of that one anyway.

Back