• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

77 hondamatic keihen carbs

Autos had 24mm carbs where the F had 28mm. Same style of carb though so internals should be swappable.

sweet. thanks man. i'm doing a resto mod on my 77. going from that pain in the ass airbox to pods and changing out the pipes to 4 into 1, so i know a rejet will be necessary. any suggestions on the size of the mains and pilots i should be using? i know the auto had a set compression rating to keep everything in check on the "automatic" trans.

Not sure what the stock jet size is. Compression was 8.6 to 1 compared to 9.2 to 1 for the standard 750. Go up on the mains at least one size maybe two and try the standard pilot jet but adjust the idle screws and see if you can get it adjusted. You may need to raise the needle also but really you need to just see how it runs and adjust from there, there is no set jet size for anything you change because so many things affect jetting......altitude, temperature, general engine condition, how good your tune-up is, amount of restriction in the air filter and amount of restriction in the exhaust. Different designs of 4 into 1 will require different jetting depending on how efficient the design is, some scavange very well and some designs are just plane lumps of metal.

Back