• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

79 cb 750 k float needle issue

motopsycho

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a replacement needle without the rubber tip?I have hardly ever replaced the ones without rubber tips.I have one that is giving me issues with overflow.I bought a carb kit only to find the needle and maybe seats wont fit my carbs.I need the needles with the little wire clip.:shrug:

The early 750 came with metal tipped float needles but they had problems with them leaking and later went to rubber tip needles. I would suggest checking to make sure your float is not getting soaked and not floating enough, this can cause the needle to not seat. The composit floats will soak up fuel over time and get less buoyant, the brass floats can leak and fill with fuel. I have had floats....not float. lol I switch my early carbs to the later rubber tipped needles to get rid of the leak prone early type metal needles. I guess I have the exact opposite experience as you have had with needles:shrug:

Thanks Dirtdigger.My floats all seem ok.Ive even switched them around and that same needle will bypass,guess i will order a set and hope for the best.Probably all the crappy gas here ruining the carbs. :-(

The gas up my way goes bad pretty fast and the first time I turn the tank on after sitting for a while I always have at least one needle that doesn't seal. Most of the time I just tap on the float bowl and it frees the needle and it seals.

I had the same issue. 1980 cb750. The float needles looked like new. And leaked. So I bought 4 new ones. they leaked. sold the bike, don't want another one.

79 cb 750 k not running right

I had the same issue. 1980 cb750. The float needles looked like new. And leaked. So I bought 4 new ones. they leaked. sold the bike, don't want another one.

just installed the new needle and no more leak but it runs like crap.Idles great.About mid rev it acts like its starving for fuel or something.I cleaned the carbs and put a kit in but they were so clean when i got the bike i probably didnt need to.Air screws are at 1 and a half.Floats dont leak. IM STUCK:confused:

Its on.I never tried to pull it.I read up and have seen all the trouble it causes on these.I posted in dohc garage for help too.Rubber plugs look good and arent dry either.

Have you taken a look at the air cut valves? They cant have any cracks in them or they will cause different running problems.

Back