• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

HardCandy1

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Please help. I just got a 76 CB750E motor in a Ridged frame w/ springer front in
the guy I bought it from clearly stated it runs. but runs like crap if the battery is low. but nothing else
is wrong. well I bought it knowing it could possibly be a untrue. just needed something to help me get back into turning
wrenches. So I rode off. bike underneath me. well .... so far from the truth...it ran. I got close to home had to pullover cause I could feel something wasn't
right. the oil tank, bk tire and motor was covered in oil. so no prob. I inspect the hoses & tank. bingo put on new lines. Cleaned out tank, remounted and filled back up. replaced battery. NOW where I need the help is. it went from running like crap. then noticed the right 2 carbs were leaking from the nipples that are normally connected to hoses. (none of the carbs have the hoses). was told that was how these motors are in bobbers. anyway now this dang problem is getting worse. now it doesn't seem to get any fuel. although I smell gas. it doesn't even kick over now. yesterday I got it to start but had to keep on the throttle t:eek::eek::eek:o stay running. it sounded as if it wanted to back fire but again no harsh smell of anything. today nothing. oh it is custom as to it is now a kick start. please help. as I don't want to tar into something I don't have to or am not familiar with. as I will be doing this project with my 5yr old boy. And yelling out of frustration is out of the question. :eek:

Thanks saved to my laptop. Will start tomorrow. one at a time, down the list. this should be fun.

Back