• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help, Advice, direction appreciated

loldeadpoollol

loldeadpoollol
Reaction score
I have a 76 750hondamatic frame- a 74 750 sohc engine, and I am beginning to part search and try to get a build plan. I know i want a cafe style bike, clips ons and moto gadget controls and a cbr1000 fork swap, however i have to get it going before i worry about the cosmetics. So with that said- do i need to source a reproduction harness or am i ok to just get an m-unit and build a harness with the basics? I rather just hear the facts and not what your uncles cousins friend said he did one time using an old indian trick he learned in vietnam. Do i build a harness or buy one and splice in/delete things? All help is appreciated and since you guys don't know my capabilities just know i have never done wiring. just plug and play, and if something is available for a hundred bucks for this or that and it makes life easy....then i am in. Thanks in advance!

I have a 76 750hondamatic frame- a 74 750 sohc engine, and I am beginning to part search and try to get a build plan. I know i want a cafe style bike, clips ons and moto gadget controls and a cbr1000 fork swap, however i have to get it going before i worry about the cosmetics. So with that said- do i need to source a reproduction harness or am i ok to just get an m-unit and build a harness with the basics? I rather just hear the facts and not what your uncles cousins friend said he did one time using an old indian trick he learned in vietnam. Do i build a harness or buy one and splice in/delete things? All help is appreciated and since you guys don't know my capabilities just know i have never done wiring. just plug and play, and if something is available for a hundred bucks for this or that and it makes life easy....then i am in. Thanks in advance!

I started with a chopper. i did not like the way it was wired so i made my own using factory wiring diagram. It is not that hard. The hardest part is keeping it neat. Several sites have harnesses dime city, randakks, and vintgecb750 to name a few

Back