• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

grease retaining washer

smiler666

CB750 Member
Reaction score
hi all new member here got a 83 cb750 f2d has anyone got any idea where i can get the grease retaining washer used in the headstock from and also the locking tab washer at top of headstock
cheers

Partzilla.com shows the locking one to still be available here USA. Use '83 CB750SC (Nighthawk) as the bike type, the only 750 sold here in '83.

David Silver spares should be able to get it.

Thanks as US delivery charges are a little high to the UK I will try David silver even though I looked and nothing showed I will give them an email and ask....thanks again for the reply

Trying to remember what locates the grease washer, it may locate on a step in the stem OD. You actually could likely make one up out of thin metal plate or a big washer.

You actually can simply install a grease zerk in the head and fill the entire head with grease but the excess amount will likely leak oil when the grease begins to settle out in hot weather. One could put a loose (plastic?) collar of some sort around the stem to take up space to not have to use so much grease.

A clever mind has workarounds there.

Cheers waiting for reply from David silver if no joy I will either try to straighten one i have or make one up using a thick washer and grinding it down to make a groove in it same as original

Back