• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

swinging arm

kirky

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
does anyone know the distance between the swinging arm forks where the spindle fits on a cb750fz or any 1979 to 80ish bike, I have a problem now I have changed the wheel bearings and I am left with a large gap that wasn't there . but this is an old metmachex arm I and can't remember if there were added spacers because I took it apart a few months ago and I've gone blank.

I have the spacers I need to know the width where the wheel sits. this is a metmachex ally swinging arm that doesn't have the wheel adjusters it is eccentric and I don't know if I had extra spacers. the witness marks on the inside of the swinging arm correspond with that spacer in the picture but that makes the wheel sit over to the right leaving a big gap on the drive side. if someone knows the width of an original swinging arm I can maybe get my head round what's going on with it and i maybe had other parts that are now missing, cheers

Back