• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

84 CB700SC and the CB750SC differences

Uvea

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was any major differences between the two models. As I understand it the 700SC was for the US because of something to do with Harley not allowing bikes to be larger than 700cc. In Canada however they did sell the 750cc version?

I'm shopping for a complete gasket kit and the best I've been able to find is the 700SC kit. I think I heard somewhere that they have minor differences, obviously the 750 is bored larger. I'm just looking to powder coat the silver covers on the sides(crankcase/clutch cover) so I figured it's best to replace the gaskets if they're already off. I've got another identical bike that needs an engine rebuild in the future so I'll need another whole kit eventually.

Any info would help, having a hard time getting it out of google. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Vesrah 700sc.jpg

That's the kit I'm wondering about

Yes, the US spec 750 in '84 was a 700. Be VERY careful, the '83 and earlier 750SC is NOT the same engine as the Euro 750SC in '84 was. No parts interchange there.

Back