• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

McFly

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just recently purchased a 1979 CB750F. First off, it isn't running. The guy I bought it from said it wasn't seized, however he said it hasn't been running in a while. The battery was shot, but when I hooked it up to a 12V source I got Neutral Light, Ignition light, horn, left/right signals, taillight, but no headlight or brake lights. Does the headlight and taillight run directly off the alternator rectifier output? Also when I went to crank it, all I got was the ignition solenoid clicking. How do I inspect if the engine is seized? There must be a nut on the alternator rotor that you can bar over? If anyone has information it would be helpful. Also what oil to apply in the spark plug openings to free up the engine. Anyone know what the spark plug gap is supposed to be? Also does anyone have a print for a '79 CB750F?

McFly

Use the alt rotor nut under right hand cover of engine, NOT the one on the left! (as sitting on bike) Turn CLOCKWISE ONLY.

Headlights will come on and brakelight too if brake pedal pushed. You of course must have enough power to kick the starter in.

Plug gap ,028".

If bike sat outside engine may be scrap.

Back