• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

CB750F1 Torque Link Hardware and Other Questions

Haden

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 76 CB750F that is, unfortunately, missing some important hardware. I am missing parts 48, 28, 63, and 62 in the first attachment. These parts are the mounting hardware for the rear caliper torque link. I'm missing that hardware for the front mount and I can only find these parts from a few dealerships in Australia that have no shipping options for the U.S. I've emailed them and am waiting to hear back, but if anyone has these parts or know of an alternative, please let me know.

In the second attachment, I'm not missing any parts, but my center stand isn't on the bike and I can't find any helpful information on where part 2 is supposed to bolt up. If someone has a picture or could take one that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hj0906w0191032.jpg

hj0906w0191013.jpg

Last edited:
Most of those parts can be got at any well equipped hardware store. The long bolt might make you look a little longer. The #28 bushing is the only one and you could likely make one up using hardware stuff too.

On stand the part #2 does not bolt down solid, it swings through space as an overcenter spring hook. Spring #39 hooks into the hole on bottom of 2, other end on one of the lower stand legs. The cutout in #2 comes up to allow the #1 and or #3 part to move into the cutout when stand comes down. The upper hole on #2 attaches to either a hook pin or bolt that is located on frame there and swings on it.

Last edited:
The honda service manual has a fairly decent pic of how the centerstand spring and horseshoe piece look assembled. Best place for the brake link parts would be ebay or like said just go to the hardware store and get bolts that fit.

So I found where that horseshoe plate hooks up, I was looking on the wrong side of the bike. I would have never guessed that spring and plate hook up on opposite sides of the center stand. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
Back