• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

Lucky you DD. I only got this one (and the wifes xs400 - also in pieces). Chasing some ignition gremlins at the moment. I've fubbed something up along the way I think when I relocated my coils.

Reincarnated.

So this is how I'll ride this summer gents.

14296262424_b02f4fbdbb_b.jpg

14296822305_2a7e0c78fd_b.jpg

14110169790_d6933fab10_b.jpg

14110125519_8dd09dba6e_b.jpg

Johnny - out.

Get to riding :bike: Still waiting for parts to get my motor back together, hopefully have parts by this weekend. Then comes the tuning process for the big motor :devil:

Thanks fellas.

DD, that RC-motor of yours gets me hard. Can't wait to see what you'll do with it..

Wow! Stabler

My new friends, brass wheels and scotch brite works wonders. Compare this one to the picture above:
6853409103_f93b53ee8f.jpg

6853408119_4ba247e066.jpg

While I were at it I cleaned up my brake discs. Turned out pretty ok:
6853407127_f2e17900f0.jpg

This is how I do most of my polisching/buffing, I just use different wheels. And the angle grinder with a scotch brite disc:
6853404981_6010e313dd.jpg

Kinda hard to make out how shiny this top tree really is, but here's a picture anyways:
6853401555_e9985afc0b.jpg

This last one is 1,5 h total spent. Including splitting the fork and cutting off the tach and speedo mount by hand with an iron saw.
That was borderline of a Religious experience. ) You were very methodical and detail oriented thru the whole process. Meticulous shop and organized. Super awesome cleaning/ polishing on the teardown. Freighting my scoot to you as we speak for 3 months in your parts rehab sauna. The retreat would do my bike some justice. lol Great job...

That was borderline of a Religious experience. ) You were very methodical and detail oriented thru the whole process. Meticulous shop and organized. Super awesome cleaning/ polishing on the teardown. Freighting my scoot to you as we speak for 3 months in your parts rehab sauna. The retreat would do my bike some justice. lol Great job...

Haha.. Thanks man. And I charge by the hour. Feel free to bring your scoot.

My compliments, Stabler. Read this thread with an ever rising feeling of interest, respect and ... envy. You really have a nice shop, a great bike and an awesome, methodical way of working. I'm an Aeronautical engineer at Saab and should you ever consider joining us in building the new Gripen E/F fighter, you're more than welcome to apply... ;)

ng_demo_5_20080423.jpg

mountains-aircraft-swedish-jet-aircraft-jas-39-gripen-gripen-saab-gripen-fresh-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Hahah.. Well thank you very much JakeGrafton! Compliments mucho appreciated!
I had to build my shop parallel with my chop since I didn't have anywhere to keep what little tools I had at the moment, when I got my Amen frame - and nowhere to put my chop. So. That took like an extra year since I work full time as well, as a risk assessment consultant on compressed air systems.
But why not look at a career change? I don't believe I have the skills of an Aeronautical engineer, but I do think my risk assessment background could come in handy. Who knows, maybe I'll apply just for the heck of it! :D

Your bike looks absolutely awesome, I am inspired!
I wonder if you know the size and length of the screws that are holding your fuel tank and coils to the Amen Savior frame? My AS frame came out of a barn and has none.

Your bike looks absolutely awesome, I am inspired!
I wonder if you know the size and length of the screws that are holding your fuel tank and coils to the Amen Savior frame? My AS frame came out of a barn and has none.

Thanks Donnyfry.
I made bungs for my tank mount in my frame, since I don't like the idea of the structural weakness holes through the back bone of my frame brings.

As for my coils, I used whatever length needed to reach through that mount and still have enough threads on back to be usable as stearing stops.
I could get you some measurements, but I don't think it would do you any good since each setup is custom made by me. It all comes down to how you do yours.

Last edited:
Thanks Donnyfry.
I made bungs for my tank mount in my fram, since I don't like the idea of the structural weakness holes through the back bone of my frame brings.

As for my coils, I used whatever length needed to reach through that mount and still have enough threads on back to be usable as stearing stops.
I could get you some measurements, but I don't think it would do you any good since each setup is custom made by me. It all comes down to how you do yours.
Okay, now I understand, I think I'll read about the entire evolution which should prove to be a good education. Thank you so much for sharing.

Great thread AND build. I'm starting my own amen/cb too, and have come upon an issue. The rear tire is almost 1 1/2 inches off center. There are no spacers on the axle and no room to go either way. Any thoughts?

Hey man. Thanks for the kind words.

There should be room for about an inch of spacers on the rear axle with the wheel on it and still center that wheel up.
What year wheel are you using? You got any pictures of the rear of it?

What caps do you mean? I'd need a picture there to to help you out.

Hey man. Thanks for the kind words.

There should be room for about an inch of spacers on the rear axle with the wheel on it and still center that wheel up.
What year wheel are you using? You got any pictures of the rear of it?

What caps do you mean? I'd need a picture there to to help you out.

Ha! I figured out how to get the end caps off when I discovered they were called crown nuts.

As for the wheel. It's an 18" cb750k4/5. The stock spacer won't fit. There's less than 1/2" space left. And the sprocket side is flush with the spring so there's nowhere to go anyway. I'm stumped.

Attachments

• 18"cb750AS.jpg
    18"cb750AS.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 164
Back