• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

blogger-image--635429533.jpg

Started from the front. Got most of my wiring done yesterday. Waiting for the paint to dry on the lid to my electrics box. Then it's putting the solenoid, key, reg/rect etc. in there and mount the rear light on the sizzy. Puh..

blogger-image--961943251.jpg

Got my coils wired as well. Soldered and tested with a multimeter. Fingers crossed it'll hold up!

Attachments

• blogger-image--961943251.jpg
    blogger-image--961943251.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 98
No, because it's 4" wide and so is my rear wheel, wich meens it need to be fitted to a millimeter precision or it'll look crooked. Wich it infact is. And not one of the mount tabs on my frame is 100% centered AND my fender isn't flat, but my frame mounts are. It's such a hazzle just to make it line up, then I have to fab some pipes to compensate for the arc of the back of the fender so it'll mount to my tabs.
I was going with a flat fender at first, but couldn't find one narrow enough and when I did get this one the frame was already painted so I cant really change the welded mounts. Crap crap crap crap crappetticrap crap..

So I decided it doesn't have to be perfect. It's not a show bike. It still has to look better than good, but not perfect. (Some of my friends are real picky - but they should try and build a bike them selves..)

Now it's kinda/sorta/almost lined up. I think I have 2,5 mm offset when comparing my fender to my rear wheel. I'll let that slip for now. I just wanna get on the road.

How it sits:
blogger-image-1807155016.jpg

Almost time for a test fire? A definite milestone.

Does the rear fender move with the wheel? It's hard to tell from the pics.

Almost time for a test fire? A definite milestone.

Does the rear fender move with the wheel? It's hard to tell from the pics.

Yeah, I can almost feel it. New intake boots needs to get here first though. And I need to change out my acc pump. Damn rusty screws wont come out..

No, the rear fender is fixed, no movement in that one. That's why I have to have that space between it and the rear wheel.

Last edited:
I'm with Travis. The fender is cool. Kind of a neat bit of engineering to make it work with a no swingarm suspension.

Thanks guys!
Just found out I'm missing an oil line adapter - so no testfiring this weekend either..

AND the brake hose connectors I've ordered was right. They'd just sent the wrong ones. Fuckers. Will not have the right ones 'til tuesday. Double crap.

But, my new intake boots leveled my carbs some! Thats saaweeeeet.
blogger-image-1375226793.jpg

And I've got my new cables mounted. The clutch cable is about 1" to short, but I'll have to live with that for now. Some stretch while having the front end fully turned left, but otherwise ok. Not compromising the function, just no spare slack.

New diaphragm vs. old one. Lucky I changed that out and cleaned the lines. Now the carbs are all done.
blogger-image--217013817.jpg

And this is how far I'd get tonight: (Sorry for the crappy pic's, must've had my greasy paws all over my lens)
blogger-image-998233127.jpg

blogger-image--2106247959.jpg

You should throw the whole bike away & start all over again. Set it by the curb with the other trash, leave a note on it for delivery to ME. I will gladly receive delivery.

Yup carbs looked leveled now just how they should be. I think the part that sucks most about doing a bike project is when you are so close to riding, then you have to wait on ONE part. Looking good though.

Mounted my speedo and wired the light in that one. Now I'm fiddelin' with the front brake system..

blogger-image--481206219.jpg

blogger-image-330514983.jpg

blogger-image-759069262.jpg

Lookin' nice!

When I did the brake on my 450, I ended up using an air pump and pumped the fluid up from the bleeder to the reservoir. Only way I could get it to bleed. I will say it worked instantly once I tried it that way. My local auto parts store loans tools, so I didn't have to buy it. Saved me some time and money.

Back