• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

That's kind of a bummer. You'd think they'd do their best the second time around. But like you said, now you know where not to go.

I think I'm going to like those handle bars. Hurry up with that roller so we can see them mounted! :)

Yeah, hopefully I'll get a load of things done this weekend. Got a new head light today - just have to wire it right. 5 frekkin' cables for a head light?? I remember back in the day when there was like one cable and the housing were ground. Puh.. I hope I'm not in over my head on that one.

Dropped of my tanks (yes, plural) for paint yesterday as well. At another painter. Will be picking those up on tuesday. This weekend I hope to get my front end back together and measure up what spacers I need, both in front and back, to get this puppy to lined up. If I get any time left I'll start with the wiring harness..

Finally a roller! I had my first sit at it today. Feels great - but I wont really know 'til I get 50-100 miles on it. I'll try and post pic's from my phone, might not work at all. As before, fingers crossed.

blogger-image--713824446.jpg

My rubber boots for the carbs were full of cracks so I ordered some new ones. Messing with cable and wire lengths now.

Stabler - out.

AND the parts dealer that sold me my front and rear sprocket and my chain were obviously high on crack. The chain and front sprocket match. The rear sprocket has way to big teeth. Kill me now please..

Got my tank back from paint today. Stoked! Now I have little to no excuses to start building my own wiring harness. Man am I nervous..

Some eye candy:

blogger-image--145856025.jpg

blogger-image-1052208871.jpg

Lookin good. Wiring harness is not bad i built my own simplified system for my k2 cafe all went well. Just take your time (and not to much liquor)lol.

Haha.. Yeah, I've got a simplified wiring diagram off of HC.com that I'll use. And some pointers from the sister site XS400.com

I'll try and make a write up of it..

Wow. That looks great! I really like the color and the pattern on the tank. Nice!!

I see CB750 supply has wiring harnesses for $75. Probably not exactly what you need, but at least it's all new and most of the big stuff would plug in. You can always amputate what you don't need. Maybe save a little time and headache. I think it's your turn to win the drawing.

Yeah - I think it's my turn too.. Thanks Andy. Anyways, started my wiring tonight. I'm using this diagram. I hope it turns out well..

Here's a pic of where I got tonight:
blogger-image--1653404826.jpg

Ordered a fender today. Fingers crossed it will fit.
Also were to drill through my frame to mount my coils, just to find out that I had hidden welds under the paint at that very location.. Had I just drilled 3-4 mm higher or lower I'd be laughing, but now I have 2 holes I can't use and not enough metal left to mold up and drill out new holes. Man is this a bumpy road, getting this shit together.........

So I got to mount my coils.
7289511080_2b204670ce.jpg

And some stearing stops. (Is that the correct term?)
7289506958_598838e2b4.jpg

And my headlight and horn.
blogger-image--15466507.jpg

Also got to mess around with my new rear fender.
blogger-image--1690061392.jpg

I really need to make that sissybar work to have a good spot to mount my rear light and registration plate..

For the sissy bar, just shorten it from the bottom so fender fits the tire shapes.

One thing I noticed is your fuel tank. It looks like you have the bungs in the stock sportster location. With the angle it's mounted, you are going to have about 70 mile range of fuel. I know this because mine is the same way. I lose almost half of the tank's usable volume both below the petcock and above the fill neck. I just live with it as my chop is a survivor and I'm not fucking up the original custom paint to move the petcock to the lowest point, or the fill neck to the highest point.

Not tryin to bum you out, just passing on my experience with frisco'd tanks and stock location fittings. The paint looks killer, I'd leave it and ride, at least until the next paintjob comes around, or you find another tank to modify.

Kickass Chopper regardless. Wiring is simple, the trick is to keep the harness clean and simple. The diagram Travis posted is right on!!

For the sissy bar, just shorten it from the bottom so fender fits the tire shapes.

This I can't do since this is an Amen Savior. I have rear axle suspension and need to make room for the movement of the wheel.. Maybe not as much in the picture, but still. About the tank - yeah, I know. I've been thinkin' of doing something about it, but now I just wanna get it on the road. And thanks for the compliment!

I think I flipped thru this post but didn't see it--maybe--is that one of those dry cell batteries--

Yes it is, and no I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks, Stabler.

Back