• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

Those bungs are beefy!

Getting the pistons out without the M/C and lever attached were tricky. I hooked it all up to my compressor and hit it with like 7 bar. Nothing happened. I tapped gently on the side of the piston and BAM! I shot that sucker up in the ceiling.

6888633978_6b25d507ce.jpg

Nothing left to do but to go and change my pants and do it all over again.

:laugh: That is hilarious! Glad you didn't get hurt! Is that the mark on the ceiling?

Yup, thats the mark made by the brake caliper piston.
I chickened out on the last one and reduced the pressure a bit. Just got about a meter of air on that piston.

:laugh: I was telling a friend about this and he told me about working on a truck with a seized brake piston. They used a torch to heat up the caliper body and it wasn't moving so they applied more heat and were taping it will a hammer. Suddenly it flew out across the shop and dented the hell out of a metal door. I guess the brake fluid was boiling or something. Not sue why they would do heat with a closed hydraulic system, but that's the story.

I've read about people using grease to pop them out. It won't compress like air so it shouldn't fly out and kill anyone.

I used compressed air to remove my stuck piston also but i put the caliper in a vise that was open just enough to let the piston clear made a nice pop when she came out. The next one i just put the mc on and clamped it in the vice and put the caliper in a bucket to catch the fuid worked much better

I found out that I needed another bearing. Should get it mid next week I guess. Will be picking up my frame from paint today though! Fingers crossed!!

And I got to get my frame last monday. I think the painter were out fishing and his apprentice had his pet parrot do the painting. It looked good in some spots then when I turned the frame over I saw that he (or she - do I know the gender of this parrot - NO) had missed the whole lower side of the frame. The paint barely covered the primer there..

F*KK!!! So, I didn't even pick it up, I showed the painter the frame and put it back in his arms and said "call me when it's done right". I haven't heard from him since. Will be going down there tomorrow and raise hell if it's not done properly.

This is why there isn't any progress on my build. Oh - I got the bearing, the engine will be done this weekend I hope.

That's a bummer about your frame. At least you can have the motor ready to go in when the frame's ready. I always want things like that (your frame) ready in time for the weekend. I hate it when I bring something to them on a Monday and they can't have it ready by Friday. Screws up my whole plan for the weekend!

Looking forward to seeing your new engine mounted in the frame.

stupid FU#%IN PARROTS!!!! Man that blows Stabler.I hope your painter knows that lots and lots of prospective customers read this forum :)

ugh.. hopefully they do a better job this time. What kind of painter would let something like that leave their shop? I thought all painters were perfectionist?

Yeah, I thought that to, but NO! I'm going down there today. I'll let you all know what happens.

So - a lot of progress but my flickr.com account is full so I have to get photobucket or something so I can post pictures again. Yes, I'm that cheap.
Got a set of bars. Found out I need new bushings for my top tree and some new bolts to make them work. Nice and tight though! You can see 'em on my blog (web page below) until I get som pictures uploaded.

(I'll try and link the picture from my blog on to here - fingers crossed).
blogger-image-1628428212.jpg

Wow? It worked!

So then heres some more progress as of tonight:

Got my engine mounted with some help of a brother.
blogger-image--2057451722.jpg

Now he's one happy f*cker all the time. That's nice.

Here's what I've done to the motor while it was apart:
New -
all piston rings
all gaskets
all oil seals
all bearings (except 2)
cam chain
cam chain roller
cam chain tensioner
points plate
coils (allthoug not inside the motor)
valve "gaskets(?)rubber thingys"
front sprocket
and engine case

I've also got new spark plugs, rear sprocket and a X-ring chain. And a new solid reg/rect.. The list goes on.

Once I get my bars to work with my top tree and get my bottom tree clear coated I'll make it a roller. After that I'll build my wiring harness. Oh - and I need a new rear fender. Mine doesn't fit.

Phhh... And it's summer in like 30 minutes. I really hope to fire it up this month!

Nice! So I take it the frame turned good the second time? You're making good progress!

So - a lot of progress but my flickr.com account is full so I have to get photobucket or something so I can post pictures again. Yes, I'm that cheap.

You know you can upload the pictures right here; either to an album or attach them to your post. :) See: How to Post Pictures

Back