• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

Getting my frame back from welding this afternoon. Then I'll start my mock up. Wont get that far since I've decided to get help with laceing my wheels. Will be getting that done as soon as my new tires arrive..
BUT I will post pictures of the front end and engine, tank, seat and so on in/on the frame. Super busy weekend.. And I just finished my other scoot wich I'm itching to get on the road this weekend.. Damn.

To polish - or not to polish..

The guy that did the welding f*cked up my solo seat front mount. I had to send the frame back so he could fix it.. That sux, but at least it's for free.

Something else that I'm struggling with is my front end.
I've polished my top tree. I thought my lower tree felt heavier, but started to polish it anyway. Turns out it's iron. This meens it will rust. So - do I keep on and polish it and then try and clear coat it, or do send 'em both of to powder coat and make 'em black?

6823486112_294fe6df6a.jpg

Tell me what you think..

I haven't polished the lower one yet. It looks like this and it will take a lot of elbow grease to get it shiny..

6825786968_17a9f3a44b.jpg

Clear powder Travis? I've never heard of that before. The guy doing my painting usually does industrial paint jobs. He won't be doing my tank and rear fender, but all my black parts is going to him. Cheap as hell to..

Attachments

• 6825786968_17a9f3a44b.jpg
    6825786968_17a9f3a44b.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 181
Yeah forget polishing it then. You could paint or powder coat it silver, or powder coat it with one of those mirror finishes. They usually use clear powder coating over colored powder to give it a deeper look and better UV resistance, but I've seen people clear powder coat polished aluminum to keep the shine.

I had my engine case opened today. Boy am I royaly f*cked!!!

I need to get some pictures of this but I just had to write this up before doing anything else.
The case is "blown" by the cam chain and then put together with something like plastic padding. The reason for the oil leak isn't what I was told. It's not a bad gasket, it's from the cracks in the case and from the bad patching of putting the case back together.
I talked to a great mechanic that competes in motorcycle drag racing here where I live in Sweden, and he told me to just throw it out. It isn't even worth repairing.. Again.
If I'm lucky I'll be able to salvage the cylinder and head.
I'll get some pictures of this mess this weekend.

Stabler - out.

Shipping to Sweden, if they'll even do it, won't be cheap though.. :(

That really sucks about your engine! Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can find a cheap replacement.

I would like to see some pictures of it. Maybe someone will have a cheaper and easier fix or an idea on how to get you by.

I would like to see some pictures of it. Maybe someone will have a cheaper and easier fix or an idea on how to get you by.

Here you go. And the part that were blown of the engine ended up inside the gear box. And yes, it's still in there. They didn't even bother to open up the engine and pick out the pieces, the just glued it up with some yellow sh*t and kept on going. Stupid stupid stupid.

6847423038_c266383594.jpg

Ya, but it's f*cking pricey here in Sweden..

Anyone got any camshaft bearings? The green ones?

So they tore it apart enough to replace the cam chain, glue it back together, but never fished the chunks out of the bottom of the engine? That does seem stupid..

Got a new used case. Had the luck to find a matching one. Even the same case markings "B B B B B", just as my blown one.

6993539917_5c8383d38d.jpg

It looked like crap so I had to repaint it.

6848181202_ac569cfd3c.jpg

6848179004_0548a5a587.jpg

Just have to get a hold of new bearings and it's back together.

Attachments

• 6993539917_5c8383d38d.jpg
    6993539917_5c8383d38d.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 166
How bad do the old ones look. You can reuse them with no problem if they are still in good shape. Just plastigage them and see how worn they are. Glad you found a set of cases with the same markings, that makes it so much easier. Are you going to do anything else to the motor while it is apart? I would at least put a new cam chain in (cheap insurance).

Back