• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

Hey man. Thanks for the kind words.

There should be room for about an inch of spacers on the rear axle with the wheel on it and still center that wheel up.
What year wheel are you using? You got any pictures of the rear of it?

What caps do you mean? I'd need a picture there to to help you out.

Here's a shot with a K8 wheel and tire.

Attachments

• IMG_6933.jpg
    IMG_6933.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 253
Just out of curiosity, does that 16" wheel in the back of the picture fit and line up?
Easy way to determine wether your 18" wheel is laced off set.
I neither fit, and both are of center, I'd say your frame has taken a blow and needs some work.

I would say that not the right rim/hub to fit that frame. That sprocket looks like its a long ways away from that tire. Maybe its just the picture or something but it doesnt look right here. Heck, even my AMEN hardtail frame has like 1" spacers on each side and my sprocket doesnt stick out that far from the rim. Then again, I am running a 15" rim in back and to be honest, I have no clue what it is off of as the original 79 CB has a 16" rim. Came with the bike when I got it so thats what I used. lol

Just out of curiosity, does that 16" wheel in the back of the picture fit and line up?
Easy way to determine wether your 18" wheel is laced off set.
I neither fit, and both are of center, I'd say your frame has taken a blow and needs some work.

I've posted pictures of both wheels on the frame. Each one came from a running CB. (the one with the tire is actually a stock 17".) It doesn't look as though there is any damage at all to the frame. No dents, no bends. And if it was, (to get the wheel so off center) wouldn't one side be quite visibly distorted?

I'm not sure what I did, other than switch the wheels again, but this time the 18" seems to be centered. Same 1/2" space on the right. Still snug against the sprocket. Gremlins.

Attachments

• IMG_6972.jpg
    IMG_6972.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6976.jpg
    IMG_6976.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 236
17" wheel of an automatic? In that case the sprocket cush is wider than all others and that would f*up centering the wheel.
Now yours look almost like mine. Cut that bearing to fit or make a new one.

How long is your rear axle and how much is sticking out on each side?

The 17" is from a 8K.

I'm looking at these pictures and I'm hoping that I moved the axle when I took them. They seem to be sticking WAY out on each side. I'm going to measure.

While disassembling my suspension, I discovered the previous PO has broken off a bolt in the threaded 7/16" cavity of the suspension rod. I'm attempting to remove it but it's proving difficult. Any idea if this company is still operating? http://www.prairietechinnovations.com/downloads/brochure-full.pdf

The ad seems to be from 2006 and I get no response from email or phone.

Back