• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

Just wanted to say the bike looks sick stabler..well done, tge bugs will work out over time..the cold cyl sounds like a carb issue..pull the plug and check for good spark, then move on to carb...just to rule out that simple check ;) whats your xs400.com handle, im on there as well?

Hi bro! Thanks for the kind words! I'm Stabler over there too. And on the cult. Johnny at HC.com. (Johnny Stabler. Lol.)
I've got a good spark - checked that yesterday. Thing is the plug smells pf gasoline when I pull it. Maybe my spark is to weak.. Will mess with the oil pressure first though.

I have had plugs foul on the first fire up of a new motor. Sometimes you get just a bit to much assembly oil on the cylinders or on the piston that it will coat the plug and cause a miss right off the bat. I have seen it happen on remanufactured automotive engines also. I would clean the plug and let it dry good, leave the plug out of the cylinder and let it dry out then try it again. Maybe float level to high and it flooded? I would clean and try it again.....after you get your oiling sorted out that is:thumbsup:

I'll take a look at that plug again. Float level's set according to the Haynes manual. Thanks man.

So chunks of rubber was the problem in my oil tank. I knew I had cleaned that one before I mounted it..
Rubber coming from my oil tank cap.
blogger-image--679719354.jpg

Will get a new one tomorrow.
Also pulled my carbs to see if my problem with the cold # 1 was in there. Doesn't looks like it. Will get some carb cleaning spray tomorrow and work through it anyway. Then it's of to check the spark. I know I've got one, just don't know if it's "strong" enough. Anyone know how I can tell?

Glad you found where the rubber came from. When it is running spray a little carb clean into the carb on the missing cylinder and see if it starts firing. Then you know it is a carb problem if it runs on the carb clean. Thats what I do for a quick check.

Thanks. I'll do that when I get 'em mounted again tomorrow. Will also move my spark plugs around and see if the problem follows..

I disassembled them, found tons of gunk in them:
7015080093_18ee8288e2.jpg

Soaked them in deisel for a week - that did nothing. Then I sprayed them down with gasket remover and let that sit for 20 mins. Sprayed off with carb cleaning spray, then compressed air:
6868967846_894d7370b7.jpg

Redid that twice and mounted them. (Gave 'em all new o-rings, gaskets, float needles and cleaning of all jets.) Also set the float hights/levels according to the Haynes manual. Also got a new diaphragm for the acc pump.
Now I'm only messing with carb # 1.

Why do I get prompted for leaving this page when I try to post and when I hit abort I get double posts??

Last edited:
Oh yeah that's right. I remember you posted about cleaning the carbs in another thread.

As far as the double post thing, I don't know. That never happens to me. Do you post, let the page load, then hit refresh maybe? That will cause your original post to appear in the editor window.

I havent been on here much lately.. Life happens to get in the way sometimes.

Anyways. The inspection failed. I have to register it as an amateur built 2012 motorcycle instead. That sucks.
This is when I was at the inspection.
blogger-image-98718948.jpg

And now the force me to rewire the whole thing and change shit out and put on turn signals etc. etc.

Anyone know of any turn signals smaller than these? That's still legal to use that is?
blogger-image-448151704.jpg

Hard to notice it, I dont think it looks bad. Gotta do what you gotta do so you can get it out and ride it!

Yupp. Just control measured though. Gotta put two spacers on or it wont pass inspection. Needs .5" on each side. also moved my speedo to be able to gather more wires in one bundle than in 4 different. It's starting to look like a mess with all those wires runnin' everywhere. Sigh.

I know, I know, I'm not keepin' up on this board. Sorry.

A small update.
I've been trying to get a hold of someone that can get me some info out of the US DMV, but without any luck. The Swedish DMV forces me to produce history on the bike to let me register it as the 1971 it is, and the US DMV won't get me the history since it isn't my name on the last US title on the bike. So - as of now I'm trying to get an exemption from my DMV, but that takes 4-6 weeks. So that's where I'm at right now.
Good thing is it's snowing outside...

So I'vemaybe found a loop hole.

I need copys of, scans of or the real magazines that follows.

7604cchop.jpg

7411cchop.jpg

With these I might be able to prove that my scoot is really a 1971 and not a 2001. This way I might get on the road as it sits now..

ALL IS GOOD!! I got my chop through inspection!! The magazines did the trick. PSYCHED!!

Now I've just handled some oil pressure concerns (new o-rings) and I'm doing the plug-chop-dance.
8680495891_354b9bb090.jpg

I've got it to pull strong on top and my idle/low is ok. Got a flat spot at the middle when hittin' WOT in 5th from about 35mph. I have to help it passed then it roars on. So. I'm shimming my needles accordingly..

Attachments

• 8680495891_354b9bb090.jpg
    8680495891_354b9bb090.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Back