• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My Amen Savior CB750

I have an x-ring so there's no masterlink with a clip available.

Got it running today and bled my front brakes..
blogger-image--1675215830.jpg

Looking good. I know we can get clip masterlinks for x ring chains over here, just for your information. Now go ride!

Is that your gravity bleeding apparatus?

Looks like Gene is ready to take 'er for a spin!

Nope, no gravity bleeding here, I just didn't want to refill my servoir every 30 sec while bleeding my brakes, so I hooked up this hose instead.

Looking good. I know we can get clip masterlinks for x ring chains over here, just for your information. Now go ride!

Really? I've searched everywhere for one, but without any luck. I rented the tool today though, so tonight I'll give it a bend.

blogger-image--85702134.jpg

Chain guard and chain in place. I need a chain tensioner, but they charge like $100 + the trip on those bastards.. I just have to gut my old skate board and fab something up..

Made my own tiny brake reservoir. Kinda pleased with how it turned out:
blogger-image--112099349.jpg

And got my choke in place.
blogger-image-344144828.jpg

Looks like you are ready to hit sturgis now! I know....its a long way for you. Looks good though:thumbsup: What did you end up doing with the chain tension?

Thanks man!

I ordered the skate board wheel type of tensioner. It's in the mail, so a few more days, then I'm on the road!

That is a heck of a lot of chain slack. Ride easy at first put some slower speed miles on it to see if the chain wants to stay on the tensioner.

And if that doesn't work, I'm guessing you'll get the tensioner with the little sprocket on it? That looks like a monstercraftsman tensioner... is it?

I've heard some bad things 'bout the ones with the sprocket. More wear on the chain. I really hope this works out.. Or I'll try and shorten the chain. It's really tight right now so I doubt it will come of the wheel, but you never know. And yes Travis, it's a Monstercraftsman I stole off of the ad's over at chopcult. Never used. Got a bargain!

I've encountered some other problems though. Something has got stuck somewhere so I don't get any oil pressure anymore and no oil to my top end or movement in my oil tank.. I think some crud has come loose frome my oil tank once it got warmed up from the oil and now that has worked it's way down to my oil pump and it's stuck. Bummer. I'll unhook my oil lines and oil filter to see where it's at later on tonight and maybe tear down my oil pan and oil pump. Not what I had planned - I were half way on the way to the inspection and registration of this chop. Now I'm stuck (again).

Also I have no detonation in cyl # 1. Get no heat on that one while running. Will check for spark and then (if necessary) check if I get fuel through the carb on that one. Crap keep piling up and keeping me off the road. The wifes XS400 doesn't run well either, I think I'll have to move the needles and see if it helps, otherwise it's time to rejet that one. And set the timing and valves (never done that on hers, just rejeted).

So. As of now everything kinda sucks.

Got my front brakes done today. Drilled, tapped and mounted.

blogger-image-146752702.jpg

Will tear down the oil pump tomorrow. Hopefully before I get to drunk.

Attachments

• blogger-image-146752702.jpg
    blogger-image-146752702.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 140
And how did that attachement (spelling??) end up there? I really need to read the "how to" on this board. But I'm to lazy. Ya.

Tough break Stabler :( check the compression in that cold cylinder also. I had that problem last year ,turned out the rings were toast.Peace

Tough break Stabler :( check the compression in that cold cylinder also. I had that problem last year ,turned out the rings were toast.Peace

Oh - I hope not. Brand spankin' new rings. 0 miles on 'em.. BUT I might as well check the compression while I'm at it.

Was this the first time the engine was started since the rebuild? Did it have oil pressure then lost it? If you never had oil pressure I would guess you have an air bubble in the oil pump. I always fill a bowl or something that holds enough oil to submerge the oil pump, then turn the pump over until you have all the air worked out of it. You will know when you have because it will turn much harder. I do this anytime I have a pump out. If you read on other 750 forums many of the experienced builders say the same thing. I guess the air bubble in the pump happens to a lot of people if the pump isn't primed, I have never had it happen because I prime every time. Then I would leave the plugs out and spin it over with the starter till you get oil pressure. Do you have an actual oil pressure guage? These are just some thoughts. As for the miss on one cylinder, carb problem would be first guess. Other than that I doubt compression with new rings but wont hurt to check but fix the oil pressure problem first I dont want to see you ruining bearings and camtowers from no oil :doh:

Thanks man. I had oil pressure at first and took it for a few spins in my yard. Then i t just disapared (spelling again?).
Is it common that the sprint in the axle that engages the oil pump comes loose? Well I'll find out once I've got the oil pump out..

Hey Stabler, sorry about your bad luck. That's like my worst frickin' nightmare come true. Loss of oil pressure. Sounds like you caught it before it did any damage. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

Back