• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Looking for Fitz

Chrisraven

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there: I was talking with Sean who used to clean carbs and he says he doe not do that anymore and recommended a person here on the site named "FITZ", I have not been able to locate him. Anyone out there have any idea who this fellow is?

Thanks
Chris

Thanks amc49, I joined the other site and left a message for Fitz. Now will see if he responds.
I started the bike up again today and now it idles about 900 to 1000 without dying. Perhaps it just needed some gas in the carbs to get everything working again.
In your opinion; should I do a rebuild on the carbs or just take the carb rack out and clean out the lower jets and check the floats. It does seem that the original owner did a really good job of pre-storage treatment on everything.
Thanks for the input.
Chris

https://www.motorcycleproject.com/dohc/dohcpage.html

Expensive and probably the best in the world.

My days of doing that type work are done although I can easily do it. I won't touch a carb bank without splitting them apart; but nobody wants to do that and then the aircuts mess you up when you think the carbs are clean.

You are likely all right if truly idling that low and evenly, most never get that close. If they use ethanol in your local fuel that may be shortlived though, the needles can begin sticking from the ethanol if bike sits a few days. The OEM fuel filter does not stop the finer ethanol red rust that develops in the steel tank either.

Back